Monday, March 9, 2009

Tough Question #2

OK...it's time for tough question #2...What's a typical day like for you? If you had asked me this during our first term it would have been quite easy to answer. Monday - Friday I studied Thai in the morning and did about 2 hours of extra studying. Tuesday through Friday we taught English in the afternoon/evening. Saturday was house cleaning day and getting ready for church services on Sunday. Sunday was church followed by lunch and prayer time. Sunday evening was studying and resting getting ready for Thai class on Monday. There were of course special times scattered throughout these days of trips to the village, running errands, fellowships, etc. But lately no day seems to be typical. At the beginning of our 2nd term, I started working on my MA in TESOL at the local university. Rusty started traveling outside of our area more, and they changed the format of the Bible school to one week per month in the city. So now here are some things that are in a typical day...

A typical day includes doing some laundry. Our house has a really nice clothesline area. I can do lots of laundry and get it all hung out.
A typical Saturday includes trying to perfect some breakfast item. This past week I was working on a biscuit recipe. I finally made fluffy biscuits that tasted pretty good. Rusty and Hope were happy. I'm just happy that I know how I made them and can hopefully recreate them!
Lately a typical day has included visiting schools and checking on opportunities to teach English. Also, a typical day might find me packing for or unpacking from one of Rusty's teaching trips outside of our area. Before long I hope to be studying Thai again, and starting in June I'll be back in school 1.5 days per week.
Check back soon for pictures of English teaching this week!

No comments: