Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tough Questions Part 1

People always ask me questions. And if you know me very well at all, you know I stress about my answers all of the time. After all I want to answer correctly. So in the next few blogs I thought I would share some answers to commonly asked questions that I usually do not have an answer for because I never really stop to think about things.
Question #1: What do you do for fun in Thailand? This one baffles me because I don't think of my self as a kind of wild and crazy gal. Probably most things that I consider fun would be boring or mundane to others, but as I reflect on my life here I do enjoy lots of things. I enjoy being in my kitchen and cooking.

Tonight I decided to take the challenge of homemade pop tarts. I had them waiting for the big taste test when Rusty, Pawn, and Hope got home. They were a huge hit.

I love getting in the kitchen and trying a new recipe. This week I also made homemade corn chips thanks to a recipe from Brenda. She has quite a bit of experience in cooking on the foreign field.
I also like to read for fun. Right now I'm reading a historical book called The Light and the Glory by Peter Marshall. After I finish this one I'll probably start on an easier read...probably some literature classic. I love the old stuff...and old movies.
For fun we watch a t.v. show on DVD at lunch time. This doesn't happen every day, but we try to do it during the week. One episode of Andy Griffith is the right time length, and it's a good time to relax from all that has happened so far in the day.
I have also found that I do enjoy a good foot and leg massage. When we first came here, I didn't enjoy them very much, but now I'm spoiled. Speaking of which...it's been a few weeks since I've had one.
Last but not least I like to go to the grocery store for fun. Sometimes I just like to get out of the house and walk up and down every aisle of the small grocery store near our house just so I can see if they have anything new. Today I found pear tomatoes and earlier this week I found radishes. These brought back great childhood memories. I remember going to the Turkey Shop with my family sometimes after church on Sundays. I always had to put radishes on my salad from the salad bar. Also my grandparents used to have pear tomato plants growing right outside their backdoor. I'm sure I kept the plants picked clean all summer long. I'd just go outside and pick and eat.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: