We had our first Thanksgiving celebration of the year with Antioch Church. Another missionary in town was having a hand chime group from America, and they were looking for some other places to go. So Antioch Church invited them and then prepared a Thanksgiving meal for after the program.
I spent all of Monday cooking for the event. I think I was out of practice doing that much cooking. I found some little tart shells at the local warehouse club that I filled with either chocolate or coconut cream pie filling then topped with meringue. I also took a pumpkin roll and sugar cookies plus chicken and dressing and sweet potato casserole. And of course I can't forget the cranberry sauce--not my particular favorite, but it was Thanksgiving.
Here are some pics from the evening...

Two of the youth singing a special together. The song was "Your Beloved" by Mercy Me.

The ladies' group performed a skit. Everyone loved seeing the adult women wearing school uniforms. The skit was a lot of fun with a very important message.

When the hand chime group finished they gave the amateurs a practice run at playing. I think everyone did really well and enjoyed it.
I forgot to take a picture of all of the food so I'll end with a video clip of part of the performance.
No comments:
Post a Comment