I'm not sure how many were there, but there were quite a few from my department, and of course Hope always sees people she knows! :) We had several activities that included a game, eating, a presentation about how we celebrate Thanksgiving, and some special music. We really had a good time.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Thanksgiving #2
Since Hope and I both had classes on Thanksgiving Day, we decided to go to the university's Thanksgiving dinner. There were promises of turkey and pumpkin so we signed up.
I'm not sure how many were there, but there were quite a few from my department, and of course Hope always sees people she knows! :) We had several activities that included a game, eating, a presentation about how we celebrate Thanksgiving, and some special music. We really had a good time.
While we were in line for the food, they ran out of mashed potatoes. The guy right in front of me got the last spoonful, but he offered it to me before he took it. I thought that was really nice. The cinnamon rolls were good as well as the pumpkin pie and dressing. The turkey was good also. I'm thankful that God blessed our day as he did. It may be different than being in the States, but you can be thankful anywhere. There's a multitude of blessings that God has given us.
I'm not sure how many were there, but there were quite a few from my department, and of course Hope always sees people she knows! :) We had several activities that included a game, eating, a presentation about how we celebrate Thanksgiving, and some special music. We really had a good time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment