Sunday, June 26, 2011

God's Provisions

Things have been tough financially for a couple of years now. We feel it over here as well as you guys in the States. It seems we've been hit in all areas--falling exchange rates, lower monthly support, and increased prices. All of these have caused us to examine what we are doing and how we are doing it. You might think it might be a discouraging time for us (and we have had those times), but overall it's been a time for us to watch God show up and show off.

We're getting ready for a big outreach in Isaan next month. Preparing for it has been stressful at times. We haven't had anyone commit to coming and helping us this year, but we have a very special summer helper with us this year. Since we don't have anyone coming for the express purpose of helping with the camp, we have to raise all of the money for the camp. For the first time in a couple of years, we've had two VBS groups commit to sending us their received offerings, a church helped in buying the supplies, and others have sent special offerings to help with our deficit. Our previous contact for ordering the basketballs and witnessing tools for the camp was out of the country this year and not able to order for us. God provided a special church and a person who is passionate about outreach through basketball that volunteered to spend time being our go-between with Upwards Sports.

As if volunteering time and phone calls wasn't enough, this man also got others in his church involved so the final price is going to come in below my budgeted amount. Wow!! Then I found out the basketballs were going to be shipped by UPS to our friends who will be bringing over the basketballs when they come on Wednesday. That was a slight problem as UPS had previously returned a pair of shoes I had ordered for Rusty. The UPS website said the package was returned because my friends had moved. I didn't have a tracking number, and my internet cut off right after I sent an email to my friend that the basketballs were coming by UPS. I had no way to contact anyone and try to coordinate delivery. When I checked our internet on Saturday, I found out that my friend had received the basketballs just after she had prayed after receiving my email.

So needless to say I'm excited to see what God is going to do in Isaan. I've seen Him work and provide what is needed for the outreach. We have people going from our city to help us. The people at the school are excited. Let's see what God is going to do!

No comments: