I still have to post elephant pictures and some other adventures we had while Mom was here. Stay tuned to see her riding an elephant!
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Mom's Visit Part 1
During May we had our first visit from my mom. This is the first visit we've had from anyone from my side of the family. I think she did pretty well traveling especially since it was her first time overseas, and she's now 70! Everyone here was shocked to hear that she was 70; they said she had such a young face!
She wanted to take some pictures around the yard. It was a great year for that because everything turned green early.
We introduced her to foot and leg massages. A lot of Thai people and foreigners too go to sleep while they're getting the massages, but I prefer to spend the free time doing some reading.
We also experienced our first Karen wedding. It was a lot of fun to watch as Samson and his bride Pen committed their lives to each other and to God in front of their families and friends.
Of course you have to go to the fresh market while you're here. We always try to find something to snack on that our guests will enjoy. We have had a pretty good success rate with fried bananas! Yummy!
We also went out to eat Chinese food with Kaimook's family. Mom now has several Thai granddaughters. :) The food was excellent, and we always enjoy the company.
I still have to post elephant pictures and some other adventures we had while Mom was here. Stay tuned to see her riding an elephant!
I still have to post elephant pictures and some other adventures we had while Mom was here. Stay tuned to see her riding an elephant!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment