
One more picture from the wedding. Here the happy couple is cutting the beautiful wedding cake with a sword. It was a little bit different from a western wedding. I can't remember the couple feeding the cake to each other, and the guests didn't get to eat it either! That may have been a good thing for us. The bakeries of Thailand do an excellent job of decorating cakes. You can tell that this wedding cake is professionally done, and it looks wonderful. The reality is the icing probably tastes like Crisco. Thai desserts are not as sweet as western desserts, and they like their cookies crispy. They will eat my desserts when I make them, but I have a feeling they will always prefer the way they've eaten them for decades. I guess I understand that because I feel the same way about some of my favorite foods. That's why they're comfort foods...your body associates good memories with the foods.
No comments:
Post a Comment