Friday, August 10, 2007

It's been a long time

It's been a long time since I've posted anything. We were on our way to the village last Tuesday when I got carsick in the mountains. We pulled over so I could be sick, and I did something to my back. A couple of hours later I could no longer sit, stand, or lay down. Poor Rusty didn't know what to do as I just cried all the time from the pain. We decided we should just go ahead and come home rather than spend the night in the village. It's a good thing we did. I've been homebound since then, and I'm just now getting some relief from the pain. Now comes the fun part...Rusty's trip to the pharmacy.

Rusty went to one pharmacy Wednesday evening to try to find me something. They didn't have what he was looking for, but they gave him a small dosage of something else. It did not work for me so I recommended another pharmacy. The pharmacist speaks good English and seemed to be very friendly. She talked to Rusty for 2 hours! I was so worried about him. He kept asking how much, but she wouldn't tell him. I guess she hadn't given him permission to leave yet. Then she had some of the pills sitting on the counter, but she wouldn't put them in a bag. Haha! He was held prisoner in a pharmacy. Finally two more customers came in, and Rusty started talking to them and kept talking to them out the door. I finally got the new medicine, and it has done the trick! I'm almost back to 100%!

Please pray for our visa situation. Through man's eyes it does not look like we'll make it back in time for the Texas state meeting or maybe even Thanksgiving. Please pray that our visas will be handled in a timely fashion.

No comments: