Sunday, August 19, 2007
Thai wedding march
We were able to go to our first Thai wedding yesterday. We were invited by our neighbors. We felt a little bit like party crashers, but I don't think anyone minded. I've never had so many people touch me and hold on to me. I was hugged and kissed and everything. It was quite comical at times. If I had been wearing sunglasses I would have felt like a superstar for sure.
Rusty was busy filming the groom's procession to the house when all of the sudden he caught me in the middle of the festivities. I do stick out. This wedding was a mixture of Buddhist and Christian traditions. The couple did the traditional blessing where they had strings tied around their wrists as people asked for blessings for them. They also had a Christian blessing from a friend. I noticed that the Christians took the opportunity to pray with the couple. So this may be the only wedding ceremony like this we see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment