Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Yummy! One of my favorites

After English classes tonight we went to the market to get one of our favorites...a rotee. I believe this is an Indian bread. The internet says this...

Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand

In Indonesia and Malaysia the term encompasses all forms of bread including western-style bread as well as the traditional punjabi breads. Roti is made most often from wheat flour, cooked on a flat or slightly concave iron griddle called a tawa. Like breads around the world, roti is a

staple accompaniment to other foods, maybe spread with ghee (clarified butter) or yoghurt, used as a scoop, or rolled up with a filling.

In Thailand, "roti" refers to the maida paratha—known in Malaysia as roti canai and in Singapore as roti prata—which is typically drizzled with condensed milk, rolled up, and eaten as a hot snack.


We usually gets ours filled with egg and banana with the condensed milk on top. Yummy! I'm including a picture of the stand that we buy them from and a picture of the finished product. Maybe I can learn to make these. I think our families would love them. I'm also going to study the sign so that we can try other flavors.

No comments: