
We did not ask Tex's first family where they got their original dogs. We did not know if they brought them from America or if they bought them here in Thailand. Today I learned that although he may not be from America, he is definitely a farang (a westerner). When I took him outside today, one of my former English students rode by on her motorcycle. She stopped to talk and was oohing and aahing over Texas. She wanted to pet him so I let him walk over to her. She said, "Sawatdee kha." And Tex responded by putting out his paw to shake hands. That is a good western response. The Thai greeting involves the words sawatdee and a wai. Maybe since Tex caught on to shaking hands so quickly, we can teach him to wai. Haha! Just kidding. I'll be happy if he comes to us when we call him.
BTW, in this picture he's finished eating dinner. You have to be quick to pick up the dinner bowl. It becomes a toy!
No comments:
Post a Comment