Friday, July 6, 2007

Just a bit of housekeeping

Well, the 4th of July has come and gone. This year was a bit of a disappointment for us (I forgot rule #1 about the missionary life...don't get your hopes up). By the time we got to the consulate, they had sold out of Dr. Pepper and A&W cream soda. We did manage to get 2 A&W root beers and 2 hot dogs. We almost missed out on the hot dogs also! They had 10 left when we ordered ours. Then we stood out in the heat for a couple of hours waiting for the patriotic sing-along and the fireworks. I think the fireworks ended up lasting for about a minute. Last year we had a really good experience at the consulate, but I don't think they had as much stuff this year. Oh well...it was probably my last year to go for a while.
Texas is now holding his ears up. He feels much better after his paw surgery this past Tuesday. We're still working on training him to go outside the yard for his business. I hope he's learning.

No comments: