Thursday, June 26, 2008

American Superstars

Our first day of teaching in Chom Thong was extra special. To say that the administration of the school was excited would be an understatement. They gave us the royal treatment, and I think that added to the team's excitement about ministering in Chom Thong. When we arrived at the school, we were greeted with flower garlands and some of the kids giving a musical performance.
After the opening ceremony, it was time to get down to the business of teaching English. The teams rotated around to four different classrooms...or maybe there was more? I can't remember. The team from America quickly learned how to interact with the kids and also find out how hard it is to communicate sometimes! Haha! All in a day's work. Then in the afternoon the team had to split up. Several went to another school to teach English while the guys from America stayed behind to do the basketball camp. Have you ever done an outside basketball camp in the rain? I can now say I have and that the kids enjoyed it!
Most importantly, we were able to visit with 3 schools in Chom Thong, and the Gospel was presented to everyone. Even parents received tracts. We are very excited about the seeds that were sown. Please continue to pray for them.

No comments: