I haven't posted anything about the basketball team from America. It was my first experience with a team, and I enjoyed it! I thought they did a lot of work, and I'm sure we'll be reaping benefits from all of the ministry they did for a long time. Here's the beginning...
When the team first arrived, it was time to feed them and get them fitted for the suits and dresses they were having made. It's a good idea to get fitted at the tailor when you first get here. You don't want to run out of time! The team seemed excited about the prices, and I believe we had a few fashion designers in the group. I'm sure we'll be seeing Chad's special insignia in the Night Bazaar in the future.
After a brief orientation the team headed off to Chiang Dao for an English camp with some of our old English students and some new ones as well. This was a special time for the team (Thai and American) to get to know each other and build friendships with the English students. God must have done a work because at the end of the weekend, we saw fruit from the labor. We had one young lady who said she desired to know more about God, and we had two young adult men want to continue working with the team the next week.
At Chiang Dao the team had the opportunity to practice their basketball camp at a school in Chiang Dao. The kids seemed to enjoy it, and the team was able to share the Gospel. They had really cool Gospel bracelets from the Upwards basketball program in America. The kids understood what the colors meant...please pray that the seeds will be watered and they will grow!
I only got to go to this part of the camp on Saturday. We had a slight problem with Texas. Pawn went to the camp, and we planned to put Texas in a kennel for the weekend. But we found out I'm a bad mama, and Texas couldn't go to the kennel because he's not up-to-date on his shots. I'll be better organized next time because I do not like missing out on the fun! It turned out well in some ways that I stayed at home. I was able to take the team some washcloths and to do some laundry for them.
Here are some pics...
No comments:
Post a Comment