Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hot water, anyone?

Yesterday, we went with a neighbor to visit some schools outside of the city. She worked with some of them during the past Christmas doing evangelism and teaching the kids about Christmas. We were invited to go with her, but we were in the States during that time. So yesterday we went with her to do some follow up and to see what the schools thought about it.

I drank quite a bit of coffee yesterday. Everywhere we went, it tasted a little bit different. Then I had some hot water too. I had seen Thai people do this before, and I never really understood why. I usually drink my water cold all year long. If I have hot water I add tea, coffee, or hot chocolate. Yesterday I drank hot water and enjoyed it. It's not something I'll sit around at home and do, but it was nice. Maybe now it won't both me so much that the water cooler is unplugged and I've been drinking room temperature water. Maybe...

We also went to the local market during our lunch hour. Somehow Rusty had me trying free samples. The cook offered them, but Rusty was too full. Free samples are a good sales technique.

One school that we visited had 812 students. I'm not sure I had been to a school that large, but maybe I have. Many times things don't stick in my brain if I hear them in Thai. I can block out Thai really well!

No comments: