I kept getting disconnected from the internet while I was trying to talk to my mom using Skype. But I'm thankful that we can so easily make those long distance calls. I'm thankful that it's not as expensive as it used to be, and I'm glad I don't have to wait a long time to be able to place an overseas call. And I can do it from the convenience of my own home.
As I was preparing supper tonight, we ran out of propane. But I'm thankful a replacement tank was only a phone call away. Even though I couldn't contact Rusty on his cell phone (he was out riding his bicycle) I'm thankful I was able to find the phone number for the gas company. I'm also thankful that they were open on a Saturday evening, and I'm thankful they deliver! I'm also thankful they can deliver a 48 kg propane tank on a side cart on their motorcycle. Living in Thailand has its perks for sure!
I finally got supper in the oven, and I heard something crack. My baking dish broke in half in the oven. But I'm thankful it didn't shatter and get in my food. I'm thankful the dish only cost me $2, and it lasted for almost 3 years. That's probably a pretty good value.
I'm also thankful that after all of that, Rusty still offered to take me to the grocery store. What a guy! : ) I think I'll pass. I'm going to get my shower and go to bed. I have lots to be thankful for--even when things don't go according to plan. It was supposed to be an early supper, and then we were going to go get foot and leg massages. It will have to be done another day. I'm thankful staying at home where I have a nice comfortable house, a comfy bed, beautiful weather, etc. etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment