Friday, June 5, 2009

Around the House

Rusty has been back in the States for almost 3 weeks now. He's been really blessed. We had a few issues with our house in the States, but I think that is all under control now. There's still one more project he wants to complete before he comes back to Thailand.
Before Rusty left for the States, we celebrated our 13th anniversary. It doesn't seem possible really. I feel so young sometimes, but then I realize I've been married for 13 years already. I enjoy it when my friends from school say that I must have been really young when we got married. :) Some of them are in their mid-twenties and just beginning married life.
Rusty was busy trying to get things ready for life here without him. He didn't want any excuses for the yard work. Unfortunately he was not able to repair the weed eater before he left which reminds me...I need to find a repairman for that thing.Hope had quite a good English class during summer break. It started out with just two kids as a favor for one of our neighbors, and then the class grew. Now that school has started back it's down to one. Pray that more would come because we will have to cancel the class if it remains the same.We seem to have an overabundance of birds in our yard lately. Rusty's mom likes them because she can hear them singing when Rusty calls her on the phone. I used to like them too until they started messing up my clean clothes hanging on the clothes line. Now I'm ready for them to go.
Pawn is working on organizing a flannelgraph set so we can see if any pieces are missing. We'll try to find replacement pieces if we can. She's also been doing some dangerous jobs for us...
Before you get too upset...she volunteered to do this. I couldn't watch. She climbed up on the tile roof. She cleaned the windows, cleaned out the gutters, and even fixed a leak while she was up there. I used to think I was pretty good at being a housewife, but now I know I'm just an amateur.

No comments: