Rusty and I wanted to have curtains made to cover our French doors in America. Here, you can have curtains lined with a silver cloth that does a great job blocking out the sunlight. Of course it's also very expensive. So we thought of having panels made just large enough to go over the windows. I went down last week to order them and felt pretty proud that I was able to accomplish it. I should have known it would not be that easy for me.
When I was ordering, they kept using the word for set. I was thinking one set would be 2 panels. So I gave them the measurements for the panels and ordered 3 sets. We have 3 sets of French doors, and I needed 6 panels.
When I picked them up and looked at them, I realized that they were wrong. I had 3 panels that were twice as wide as my measurements. So they're the right width, but they're not split. I thought I could still use them so I took them to a friend's house who was about to leave for America. Mission accomplished...or so I thought.
As I was talking to Rusty that night, I realized that the panels would not work. They would not be wide enough as I had parts of door in between the windows. So I had to hurry up and ask my friend not to pack the panels. And now I have to go back to the shop once again and have them fix the problem.
In other news, I have to go register for school tomorrow. I don't like going to orientation days and such, but I'm looking forward to meeting my classmates for this year. I know a couple already so that should help ease my anxiety.
No comments:
Post a Comment