Friday, June 26, 2009

Not So Recent Kitchen Creations

Rusty loves it when I'm in a cooking mood. Actually so do Hope and Pawn. This is an ice cream dessert that I made for our 13th anniversary. The first layer is chocolate graham crackers (substitute chocolate flavored butter crackers for Thailand), a layer of chocolate ice cream, a layer of both chocolate and caramel ice cream toppings, and finally a layer of chocolate/coffee flavored whipped cream. It tasted pretty good.
This next recipe came from a Taste of Home magazine. It's basically a chocolate cake that you pour caramel ice cream topping over while it's still warm. Then it's topped with whipped cream and toffee baking chips. I actually liked this one better than the ice cream cake.
And last but not least my taco salads. I have fried the taco bowls before, but I really don't like to do that. It's not very healthy probably, and I hate to use that much oil at one time. So I read on the internet how to bake them in the oven. You put some water and a little bit of olive oil in a shallow pan. Then you dip the flour tortilla in it and then drape it over an empty soup can. You bake it in the oven until it firms up a bit, and then you flip them over. You might have to stuff them with tin foil to keep the shape when you flip them over. They're not quite as good as the fried ones, but it's a good substitution.

No comments: