Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Feels almost like paradise

I've been swamped with homework since school started. I have so much reading to do, and I feel that I am in way over my head. Maybe everyone feels that way in a Master's program? Maybe others are just better at faking it than me. Or maybe I really am that far behind. Whatever the case may be school has been a bit stressful, and the weather is hot and humid. We've been having rain some nights, but the days have been still and muggy. So the combination is not really good for me right now...now to mention the fact that Rusty is still in America.
Today we had a nice afternoon treat. Our neighbor gave us some fresh coconuts. Pawn and I sat out on the yard and drank fresh coconut "water" and ate some of the flesh. I told Pawn that all we needed was an ocean and a breeze. A comfortable lawn chair would have been nice too. It was a nice afternoon break. Now it's back to the schoolwork. What are your thoughts on baby talk? How does it differ between different cultures that you have seen? Anyone????

No comments: