This was the second Sunday of the month so we had eating fellowship after services. The food was excellent again this week. It's always good. During church we found out we were invited to a church member's house for dinner. We had originally planned to run a few errands at the night market, but we found out the store we were going to had moved from the night market and wasn't going to be open today anyway. So we ran to the grocery store to pick up an ingredient so I could make some cookies for the dinner. After picking up the brown sugar Rusty suggested we go ahead and run our water pump (for the outside water spigots) to the repair shop. The guy said he could fix it, but it would take 1 to 2 hours if we wanted to wait. Rusty was going to wait with the pump but suggested we go find a coffee shop or something. I didn't really want to because I felt like I didn't know the area that well, and I didn't really want to walk up and down the street. Then I remembered about a tea shop that one of my professors told me about and off we went!
Pawn was with us, and when we first walked in she thought why is Susan bringing us here? And when I first walked in I thought why are we here? But then someone greeted us and said we could sit upstairs so off we went. I think the poor waiter got frustrated with us because we couldn't decide what we wanted. We had no idea! There were so many teas to choose from, and we didn't know what size pots to order. We finally ordered the "high tea" set. I still need to find out what that means, but it included 2 pots of tea (we did paradise night and vanilla romance), tarts, petit fours, sandwiches, and fruit with a fruit dip. It was all yummy. Rusty finished early with the pump and came down to join us. His first thought was why are they here? :)After we finished the tea, we went home really quickly to take Texas outside and change our clothes. Then we were off to Ann's house.
The food was delicious! We stopped and picked up some fried fish and bananas on the way. We also ate stir fried bell peppers with pork, a dish made with eggplant, spicy green papaya salad, among other things. It was all great! Then on the way home...

a frog landed on our windshield. This picture doesn't really do it justice, but the cell phone was all we had in the truck with us. He stayed on for quite a while even while we were driving, but he finally took a big leap off.
After all the food we ate today, I still offered to buy everyone rotis, but no one wanted any. All I heard were groans and Hope saying no, but you can ask again tomorrow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment