On Saturday we had gone to the border one more time to pick up some gyoza...which were delicious. While Tawm was driving to meet up with the other car a huge storm came up. It was so windy, and even though I've been through lots of storms like that I still don't like them! But God kept us safe, and we were able to make it back to the city with no problems.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Last weekend I traveled with the ladies from Antioch church for a night away north of the city. After leaving out early Friday morning and a few eating stops along the way, we traveled to the border to do some serious shopping. I skipped out on crossing the border because I have to go to immigration to request permission first...having single-entry visas are cheaper but kind of annoying if you want to change it up a bit.
After doing some shopping we returned to the resort for some relaxation and Bible study. I taught the ladies that night about loving sandpaper people even though I was feeling horrible from the heat that day. Heat and I don't mix well which is interesting because I live in a hot climate. It just goes to show you that God enables those He calls.
After a good night's rest we had a brief time of fixing hair. It was nice to get my hair braided by someone else. Then it was on to a time of worship and more Bible teaching.

Tawm taught the women about different personality types. Isn't it great that God made us so different? It would be a pretty boring world if we were all the same, and things wouldn't get done. It takes all of us. :)
On Saturday we had gone to the border one more time to pick up some gyoza...which were delicious. While Tawm was driving to meet up with the other car a huge storm came up. It was so windy, and even though I've been through lots of storms like that I still don't like them! But God kept us safe, and we were able to make it back to the city with no problems.
On Saturday we had gone to the border one more time to pick up some gyoza...which were delicious. While Tawm was driving to meet up with the other car a huge storm came up. It was so windy, and even though I've been through lots of storms like that I still don't like them! But God kept us safe, and we were able to make it back to the city with no problems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment