Monday, September 13, 2010

Back home

We actually left BKK before the team did. That turned out to be a blessing because we made it back in time for church services in our city. Scott traveled back with us so he was able to visit with Antioch Church also.

Here are a few things we did around town.
We went out Sunday afternoon to look at the wood-carving village and to have some lunch. Rusty and I love to spend the afternoon out here, but we don't get to do it very often as it takes a while to get there from our side of town. We like to spend some time shopping and eat at this particular restaurant. It's very refreshing to get a cheap plate of food and a refreshing drink whether it be a coffee or watermelon shake. Then we splurged and got the waffle sundae for dessert. Rusty and I split one, but Scott didn't have anyone to split with. I don't think he minded.Scott was also able to visit some of the schools that Rusty teaches at on a daily basis. The leader of this school read a book about how to make instruments and made all of the instruments for his school. Scott had fun testing out the Thai instruments.Then for Scott's kids we took him to the market to check out the bug selection. We don't eat bugs that often here. I've actually been served bugs only one time. The crispy ones aren't that bad.Then we took him up to a temple on the mountain for the view of the city. Some of the best views of the city are from temple grounds. Tourist numbers must be down at the temple because we were really hounded by the salespeople. I usually don't buy that much, but they hit a soft spot with me on that day. I hate it when they do that! If anyone needs a small cell phone bag from Thailand let me know. I got a really good deal on them! :)And for the last stop we ate dinner at the northern Thai cultural dance show. The building where it was previously held actually burned down, and it's now held in a smaller building. I enjoyed it as we had a really great table right in front of the dancing area.

No comments: