Sunday, September 19, 2010

Birthday dinner and surprises

Rusty took me to the mall the day before my birthday because I had decided to finally buy a water heater for my kitchen. We've been here for over four years, and throughout that time I had been heating water in an electric kettle for washing dishes. Also, I had no hot water going to the washing machine so we decided to install the water heater at the kitchen sink since it was already wired and plumbed for one and run a hose to the washing machine.

We got everything installed. We had to cut out part of the shelf in order to put it in there, but we got the job done. The system actually works quite nicely, and I have hot water downstairs now.
Just after we bought the water heater, we were walking through the department store and noticed Thailand now has Cuisinart small kitchen appliances. I could not believe they had an electric ice cream maker! It wasn't totally an impulse buy because I had been dreaming about finding one. :) Of course since we bought this one I've seen some others for sale, but this is still the best deal--no ice or rock salt required! You just stick the bowl in the freezer 12 hours before you want to use it, mix up your ice cream mixture, and then let the machine work for about 30 minutes. It's my birthday, Christmas, and anniversary all in one! We've enjoyed it many times since my birthday too!
And finally the birthday dinner...sometimes I like to go out to eat for my birthday, but sometimes I like to fix my own because I get to buy something special that we don't normally eat. For this year's birthday I opted for grilled steak with peppers and onions, fried shrimp, garlic bread, and baked potatoes. It was yummy and the perfect end to my birthday.

No comments: