Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Return from the city

So we returned from the city and left out early Monday morning for a school where Rusty has taught before. Actually he hasn't been teaching at this school but a special class set up by the local government. But first we had a few minor "injuries" that needed to be taken care of at the clinic.

Bryan had a splinter in his finger. I know from the picture it looks like it hurt, but it really wasn't that big of a deal. Of course it wasn't in my finger so it's easy for me to say that. Then I had my swollen infected leg that needed to be cleaned up. The people seemed pretty excited to show off their clinic to us, and I was more impressed with this small clinic than I was in the hospital. Did you notice how the doctor has on a pair of gloves? That made me feel better. After we were all patched up again we headed off to the school.



When we got to the school we had no idea what to expect. We had an assembly with all of the kids, and then it was showtime! We put on an impromptu English lesson, and the kids did great as well as the teachers! I couldn't believe the students were so well behaved in such a large group. We really enjoyed being at this school and would be very interested in going back.













Scott's ukelele has been a big hit with all of the kids and teachers.








Dion's always good at getting some focused teaching in.








After a delicious lunch it was back to our normal routine of basketball in the afternoon. The kids really started showing improvement the second week. We didn't have all of the students everyday for basketball so it was great that they caught on so quickly. They enjoyed doing the drills and playing with the coaches.



No comments: