Monday, January 17, 2011

You Just Never Know

After we finished up our Christmas festivities at the house, I asked to go downtown so we could see if there were any lights. Earlier when I was out running errands I had noticed people hanging lights on the bridges downtown, and I knew it often looked festive here for New Year's celebrations. We don't get out much at night due to traffic and the busy-ness of everything, but this was going to be a special treat.

At first I was a bit disappointed because I wasn't seeing much. Then we made it to the moat (the water that surrounds the old city) and realized they had some kind of festival going on. So we slowed down and listened to the music. This is what we heard...


After hearing familiar music we decided to find a place to park and go enjoy the music.


I video taped this song called Texas Bluebonnets. It was kind of funny when a British guy walked by and said we were having a real hoe-down.


After reading the pamphlet about the festival we found out it was Chiang Mai's Countdown 2011 Festival. Each night they would have different acts, and a different culture would be showcased. It was Korean culture night when we attended. So we got to watch a couple of Korean magicians and some Korean dancing.


We all decided that it had been a fun evening out. It's not something that happens often but is usually fun when it does.

No comments: