Sunday, March 13, 2011

All Day Fun

Saturday was a busy day with Pawn preparing a special lunch for us. The main dish was massaman curry which is according to Wikipedia a southern Thai dish with Muslim origins. Ours had chicken and potatoes and tasted great!
The next dish was a Karen dish that had small banana flowers, tomatoes, peppers, and cilantro on top. I don't usually like the banana blossoms, but I really enjoyed this dish.
Pawn also made two different kinds of som tam (green papaya salad). The first one had the traditional ingredients: shredded green papaya, tomatoes, green beans, peanuts, and dried shrimp along with the dressing ingredients of salt, sugar, and fish sauce.
The second bowl was one of my favorite types of som tam. It's a mixed fruit salad using all kinds of wonderful tropical fruit.
Antioch Church had another youth meeting on Saturday night. This was the second meeting, and Tawm asked Rusty to speak on relationships again. The evening started off with some praise and worship.
Then Rusty shared about having godly relationships...about being now the kind of mate you want to marry.
We played a couple of games. The first one was two truths and one lie. It was really hard to tell which ones were lie for some of them!
Then we had a Dutch Blitz tournament. This one was kind of crazy for me! I have a hard time playing with these cards because of the colors and looking for the numbers. I definitely need to work on my strategy before the next tournament!

No comments: