Sunday, March 27, 2011

Steak and Pad Thai

Ms. Nung came over for another cooking class. This time she wanted to learn to make pork and chicken steak. She also wanted to learn to make sauces--one like a gravy and also a tomato sauce. I immediately started searching the internet and youtube videos for the perfect recipe. I decided to learn how to make Pad Thai for the Thai dish. I figured it would be quick and hopefully keep us from having to cook all day.
I'm not sure the boys enjoyed it but all of the adults enjoyed their plates. Of course we really added a lot of vegetables to the adult plates. Maybe that's why they were better.
We ended up making a peppercorn pork steak with gravy, carrots, and onions. They turned out a bit too salty, but it probably would have been good if I had remembered to put in the mushrooms. We also did a dish of chicken parmigiana. I couldn't come up with the exact recipe that I thought Ms. Nung was wanting to make, but the chicken parmigiana ended up being our favorite dish of the day.
We were all full and enjoyed relaxing for the rest of the afternoon to get ready for the evening ESL class.

No comments: