Thursday, March 10, 2011
Sweetheart's Celebration in the Kitchen
Kitchen creations seem to be an important part of any celebration around here. Since Rusty had to teach for most of the day, we decided not to have a big meal. Pawn tried making yellow rice with chicken (I'm not sure of the name in English), and it was excellent! She learned how to do it from watching a Youtube video. I'm convinced she can cook just about anything she wants to!
I took care of the dessert. Rusty always enjoyed eating the red velvet cake at Golden Corral in the States. I had tried making one in the States, but I think I added too much red food coloring. It had a very odd taste. I decided to give it another try this year and made cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I knew just about everything with cream cheese frosting is good, and these did not disappoint!
In exchange for the Sweetheart's cookies I made for the teachers, they gave us some fresh strawberries. For a special breakfast I made this strawberry and cream cheese stuffed French toast.
Rusty had a good day of teaching too. His little kids covered him with heart stickers. None of the high school students he taught that afternoon even asked him about them!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment