Friday, October 28, 2011

Flood #2

At the end of September we were in for round two of flooding. This time the flooding happened in the city as the river levels continued to rise throughout the day.

Pawn and I went into town to do a few errands, and then I had the bright idea to go look at the river. Kids don't try this at home!
It took me almost 40 minutes to make it to the intersection at the river. I moved maybe a kilometer to a kilometer and a half. I should have known that was a bad sign. Then when I made it to the intersection there was a lot of traffic and about 5 police officers standing off to the side blowing whistles. I had no clue what to do at first, but then figured out everyone was still following the traffic light.
Because of the traffic at the first intersection I trashed my plan to go straight across the bridge, turn through the night bazaar, and then go back home along the river. I just turned right and went home along the river. That was definitely God working because the night bazaar was flooded, and it would have been a lot of work to get home.

The road along the river was fine when we drove on it but just an hour or two later and it was flooded as well. I was never in any danger, but I am thankful God had me turn right. I don't like putting my heart through any stress that isn't absolutely necessary.

This time there was minimal flooding in our village which occurred several days after the flood in town. It didn't even reach our driveway this time, but unfortunately Bangkok is not faring as well as they're now catching all of the rain from the whole North and Northeast.

No comments: