Monday, October 3, 2011
Learnng New Things
Near Ms. Rerai's house there's a place where they make khanom jeen. These are noodles that came to Thailand from China. They're good to eat with green curry chicken and other dishes. I had never seen them made before.
We walked behind the house and found this noodle factory. They had already mixed up the dough before we arrived. They had a machine that kneaded the dough, and then they put it through this bag to get separate the dough from the excess water.
Then it was time to check the consistency of the dough. You can change it depending on how you like your noodles. Since I'm not a noodle connoisseur I will just have to take their word for it.
Then it was time to boil the noodles. First you stir the boiling water to get it swirling. Then they start piping in the noodle dough using a shower head. Once the water slows down you start dropping in the dough using a circular motion. They scoop out the finished noodles and then rinse them in water.
Then the noodles are divided into bunches and formed into a circular pattern and placed in a bowl or on a tray.
These women make these noodle to sell. I joked with them that they should be able to charge more for these noodles since they were made by farangs. Farangs = higher prices. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment