Tuesday, April 21, 2009

3 Countries in 1 Day

Well, it wasn't 3 countries in 1 day for Rusty and me, but our guests did get to cross the border into Burma. Hope needed to do a border run for her visa, and she was very thankful she didn't have to do it alone. We cannot leave the country at the moment without going to the immigration office and requesting a re-entry permit. So Bryan and Dion were game for a trip across the border.One final picture before disappearing into Burma.While they were in Burma, we did some shopping while we were looking for our lemonade guy. We never found our stand, and I got hot and tired of looking at the same stuff over and over. After Bryan, Dion, and Hope returned to Thailand, we found our favorite jewelry shop where all of us girls enjoyed picking out pearl necklaces and bracelets. Rusty talked himself out of two jade elephants. I wish now that we had bought them. I think they were a good deal.
We left Mae Sai for the Golden Triangle. After spending some time at the Buddha statues, we decided to take the boat ride over to Laos. You don't have to have your passport stamped there, and you can do some shopping. So off we went.
All of us girls where Thailand, Burma, and Laos meet.
I was very thankful for life jackets on this boat ride.

No comments: