Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Visitors from afar

I've had a bit of a break from blogging because we have been so busy. We had Rusty's younger brother Bryan for a visit and another friend from Rusty's seminary days-Dion- with us for a little over a week. So I'm going to catch up on their trip and our short vacation in the next few days.
There was some confusion at the airport as they both came through the domestic terminal. We were waiting in the international. Rusty found Dion (she had gotten her bags in BKK which is another story in itself), but Bryan was coming my way to try to find his bags. Being the kind sister-in-law that I am, I tried to help him out with the security guard so he could get into the baggage claim area. I promptly told him Bryan came in through domestic and couldn't find his skirt. :) Sometimes I'm just too helpful.
After a quick lunch in Chiang Mai, we headed north to Chiang Rai for the night. I think everyone was impressed with the hotel. After check-in we went out for a night on the town...to the night bazaar. We ate at the food court, but everything seemed to be fried. But everyone got to eat some sticky rice, drink some blended fruit shakes, and try the green papaya salad.

No comments: