Wednesday, April 22, 2009

On Saturday we went to the wood carving village. This is usually something everyone likes to do...plus everyone likes to take a break, have some Thai food, and drink a fruit shake. After walking around for a while, we were all very hot and wanted some ice cream.

Our guests tried their first Thai ice cream sandwich. It's basically two thin slices of white bread with small scoops of ice cream filling the sandwich with some sweetened condensed milk poured on to. Sometimes they add sticky rice too. Our guests really enjoyed the ice cream, but I don't think any of them enjoyed the bread. Oh well...Rusty and I are a minority. They also had some corn and other things sprinkled in their ice cream. Some claimed it was cheese, but I have my doubts.For dinner that night we went for the Northern Thai meal and dance show. Everyone enjoyed it, and Bryan and Dion responded well to the Thai hospitality.



They even did some Thai marching. Thanks Dion and Bryan for being such good guests!

1 comment:

bt said...

as can be seen here...i really was marching:)