Bryan and Dion left early in the morning (April 18), and there was quite a bit of drama surrounding their departure. Rusty called me at 3:30 that morning worried that our friend and the taxi driver were not ready. Bryan and Rusty did not have a restful night...can you really rest in 3 hours? Bryan took a shower, and then they tried to catch some shuteye.

Here's where they showered and cleaned up. At least they were covered in case anyone forgot their toothbrush.

After saying goodbye at the hotel, Bryan and Dion were off to the airport, and Rusty and I went up to the room to catch some shuteye.
We slept pretty well after we both took showers, and then we were ready to go to Ayuthaya with our friend. After a quick lunch at the mall, we were off.

We toured the ruins, but I'm not sure what all we saw. Our friend told us the Burmese destroyed these so they could get the gold.

We also saw a large reclining Buddha. I do have to add a side story here. Usually I'm a big fan of the convenience of Thailand. There is almost always a place to buy something to eat or drink, and I love this. But sometimes it's inconvenient because they want to sell you a drink in a plastic bag. Thankfully, we had bought a slurpee at 7-11 earlier in the day. I negotiated with the lady to add ice and a Pepsi in our empty cup. She was happy to do it. I'm sure she wondered why I didn't just take the bag. If we were going to walk around some more, a bag would have been fine. A bag is not so good in the back of a taxi.
This was a very hot day, and I was starting to get a headache, but the day wasn't over yet. On the way back into Bangkok, we stopped at a huge market. There were several warehouses, and each warehouse housed different things for sale. I saw one for fresh fruit, veggies, and meat.

We stopped to get a basket of mangoes, and then we went to eat. We ate at a restaurant where you grill your own food. It was lovely at the end of a hot day to do something else hot. :) We did get full, but we were ready for our room.
We had decided after our initial shock that our room wasn't so bad after all. So we returned there for another night. After a shower, I went straight to bed. Rusty was up uploading pics to the internet, and I was in and out. At some point I woke up to find a cockroach on my pillow. I calmly asked Rusty to come kill it, turned over, and went back to sleep. Boy have I mellowed in my old age. If this had happened 13 years ago, I would have been up until I knew for sure it was dead. And then I would have choked Rusty out of the room by spraying bug spray.
The next morning, we discovered why Dion and I couldn't get the hair dryer to work. Do you think this could be the reason?
No comments:
Post a Comment