We started off this day with a trip to the elephant camp.

The good thing about being the lead elephant...you get to see where you are going. If you're not the lead elephant, the scenery never changes. Dion was a bit nervous when Rusty and Bryan's mahout took them on a different route. You'll have to ask Rusty where they went.

Ahhh...the first taste of fresh coconut. Most people are shocked to find out that these are coconuts. We like to call the inside juice coconut water because it's not really milk. Coconut milk is made from another process and does not come straight from the inside.


After the elephant camp, we decided to go to the monkey show. None of us had ever been before. You can hold the monkey and kiss the monkey. Any takers?


After we finished with all of the shows, we went to one more show on the moat. The people were still celebrating Songkran. It took us over an hour to go a short distance. There were people everywhere, but now that I think about it it was rather calm. Of course that's how I think now that I've seen it in Pattaya also. We decided to leave the moat area, and this is the street we turned onto.

You can't tell from this picture, but we were going the right direction, and we did have a lane. People had filled up our lane also to try to get to the moat. Traffic was moving so slow around the moat no one could move out of our way. So another hour sitting, and we finally made it home. Once home I baked some cookies, and we went to grill at Brent and Tawm's house. Bryan and Dion enjoyed the Thai grilling, but alas I don't have those pics on my computer. Maybe I'll update someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment