Monday, April 6, 2009
Red Shirts - Yellow Shirts
I don't know how many of you read or keep up with Thai news, but the past 3 years have been interesting. As most of you remember there was a coup in 2006 that ousted Prime Minister Thaksin. Since that time there have been protests by 2 groups...the red shirts and the yellow shirts. Since I'm not Thai, I can't really explain the ideas of the two groups. It just seems to me when their group is not in power, they protest. When Rusty left the country last November, he flew out about 7 hours before the yellow shirts closed down the airport. The protests lasted for a while, and the prime minister was ousted. Well now the red shirts are protesting. Most of the time I just hear or read about these things on the news, but I actually saw red shirts Sunday night. They were at our market near our house so I stopped to take some pictures. It was hard because of the passing traffic, but I snapped a few that did not include passing trucks. They got excited when they noticed me taking pictures. They started waving and yelling (not in a mad way).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment