I think this day was probably one of the hottest days we've had this year. After everyone was finished packing, we loaded up in a red truck and headed to the airport.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Welcome to Bangkok Baby!
We're just about to the end of Bryan and Dion's, but we saved the best for last. :) Or did we? Rusty and I were planning to travel to Bangkok with them, and then we were going to spend a few days touring after they left. My sweet husband wanted to spend some special time with me before his trip back to the States this summer.
I think this day was probably one of the hottest days we've had this year. After everyone was finished packing, we loaded up in a red truck and headed to the airport.
Waiting in the airport. We're thankful to be able to sit down and cool off for a bit.
In Bangkok our friend arranged for all of us to take a dinner cruise...a night tour of Bangkok. It's really very beautiful at night. The bridges are lit up nicely, and you can see a lot of important sites from the boat. The only negative is that the tour is all in Thai. After the boat ride we walked around the night bazaar just for a bit. I think everyone was really tired so we went to catch a few hours of shut-eye. Our friend had arranged for one hotel room for us girls, and Rusty and Bryan would go to his house to shower and sleep for a bit.
Our hotel was a converted hospital. Here's the old nurses' station right outside the elevator. Looking back the room was fine for $20, but first impressions when you're really tired are not always so good.
I'll be honest. When the guys first left, I didn't know what to think. I felt so bad for Dion really. I thought it was a terrible way to end a trip. We usually try to save the best for last, but Dion was a trooper for sure! After the guys left, she just said "Well the guys are going to have it worse." That made us both laugh, and we did fine.
I think this day was probably one of the hottest days we've had this year. After everyone was finished packing, we loaded up in a red truck and headed to the airport.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing about the trip, very interesting.
Post a Comment