Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Living to the hilt



I have just started reading Through Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot. I enjoyed the movies, and now I'm interested in reading the book. After all, the book is always better than the movie! I'm enjoying the book so far and thought I would share a quote from Jim Elliot's diary. He wrote, "Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God." If we know that we are doing the will of God, why do we pass through it with a spirit of fear or timidity? We should be enjoying the ride that we're on and enjoying what God is doing in our lives. There's no other path I would rather be on. His will is what is best. I want to live to the hilt my time in Thailand...what a sad thought that I might return to the States someday wishing I had really lived while I was here. We're not promised a tomorrow so we have to live today.

2 comments:

Holtster said...

Na movies are better=-). If I read books that might be a different story=-).

Carol said...

We should really live every moment to the hilt. I planned a trip to Houston this past weekend and it ended up not working out.

I'm thankful. I spent the entire day with Casey Saturday. An hour and a half of it with him sitting in my lap, in my recliner, taking a nap. He is really too big for that, but it was wonderful!!

*hugs*