Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's all about Jesus


We've been studying a Biblical conversation book in Thai class with Khruu Meow. I'm really enjoying these lessons. Each lesson starts with a conversation between a Buddhist and a Christian. It centers around some type of misconception the Buddhist has about Christianity. Then the next page covers the Christian response to the statement. It's been really good for me because I have learned a lot of things about Buddhism that I did not know before, and I understand why they sometimes add Christianity just to add another religion.

Today's response talked only about Jesus, and I understood more of this response than any other. It just clicked with me today. I like it when Thai clicks and it's about the Bible too. It's days like today that keep me going. Some days I'm ready to tackle Thai...it becomes a challenge to me. And some days it's so much of a challenge that I just want to run away from it. But thank God He's given us the strength to remain committed to it. A year and a half of full-time studying has been good for me, but I am looking forward to being part-time someday!

1 comment:

Holtster said...

That's cool, I like knowing what other religions believe in and how they look at christians.