Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Thai cooking class #3

Saturday night I tried making Pad Thai which is one of our favorite dishes here. I didn't soak the noodles long enough on the first batch. Since I had plenty of ingredients left, Rusty encouraged me to try again...the same night! Haha! He's so funny. Anyway, he took charge of the noodles the second time, and I think they were just right. Monday night it was time to move on to lesson #3. This time it was keeng khiaw waan (green curry chicken). I think this is Rusty's favorite. I like it, but the curries are not my favorites. Anyway, I enlisted the help of Pawn on this one. You start off with coconut milk and then add the green curry paste. You also add chicken, eggplant, Thai chili peppers, sweet basil leaves, and kaffir lime leaves. I also had some tiny little eggplants, but I can't remember the actual name. Rusty enjoyed it even though it turned out spicy!


3 comments:

Holtster said...

Food always looks good until you try it=-).

Hamster said...

If you are interested in Thai cooking try this website
www.thaifoodtonight.com
It's got about 30 recipes each one with a cooking video to go along

MissionSEA said...

Thanks Hamster! The site looks really good!