Monday, September 17, 2007

Yard sale!

I've been to several yard sales since moving to Thailand. I usually go by myself as Rusty doesn't really like how I yard sale. On Saturday there was a yard sale at the American compound (where the consulate workers live I suppose). I just knew we were headed to something good, but I was a bit disappointed. But we did have a good time...it would have been better with some Dr Pepper.
As we were standing in line to have our id's checked so we could go through the gate, Rusty turned around and greeted the little boy behind us (in Thai). The boy replied in perfect English, "What are you doing?" Rusty told him he was waiting and asked what the little boy was doing. He said, "I'm waiting too." This little boy's name is "S." He was very cute, and we were so impressed with his English. His mom has him in a preschool here that teaches in English and Thai so he'll be prepared for international school. We think he's going to do just fine.

1 comment:

Holtster said...

The yard sells that sound really good sometimes don't pan out. Thats cool the little boy can speak good English though.