Saturday, September 8, 2007

khaw phat muu

Rusty has been after me for some time to learn how to cook Thai food. I still have a date with my Thai teacher to learn how to do some things for our furlough, but until then I decided I had to start trying things on my own. We went to the store on Friday and brought a stainless steel wok (most of them here are aluminum, but I don't like to cook with aluminum), and we bought the special Thai spatula. If you're going to cook Thai food, you have to have the Thai spatula. It's a special spatula that has a curved edge so you can scrape the sides and bottom of a wok. So I went to the market and made sure I had everything I needed which meant I had to buy mushroom soy sauce and garlic. Then it was home to use my rice cooker for the first time; Pawn usually uses the rice cooker. I made sure all of my ingredients were right there ready to go in the pan because once you get it going, it doesn't take long at all. I must have done ok because Rusty said it was good. :) You all can be the judge when we come in on furlough.

2 comments:

Holtster said...

Eather the stove is small or that is one big steel wok=-). As long as it taste like chicken its
good=-).

MissionSEA said...

Rusty says yes to both. The stovetop is kind of small, and the wok is big. That's a politician's answer for sure! :)